Subject to the applicable data protection legislation, the following categories of personal data may be processed in whole or in part by PV-Tron. The collection of data on identity and contact details, professional and business information, personal information, economic, financial and location data will be protected and its use will be limited to the sole purpose for which we believe it essential in order to better meet the needs of our customers.
Our websites are not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
What information do we collect?
When you visit our site, we may ask you for personal information to provide a service or carry out a transaction that you have requested. You may also provide personal information to us when you contact us.
- The personal information we collect from you may include:
- Identity data: such as your name, title, company/organization name, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers and physical address (including street, city, state, postal code, and/or country)
- Recruitment data: including information submitted in connection with a job application or inquiry
- Financial information: including credit card or other financial account information for the purpose of enabling us to facilitate your purchase of Company products and services
- Transaction data: including inquiries and orders for our products, services and details of payments to and from you
- Event registration information: including information you provide when filling in e-registration forms
- Your feedback: including feedback from you about our site as well as our products and services generally
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs
- To improve customer service: your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
- To process transactions: your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested by the customer
- To send periodic emails: the email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information etc.
How do we protect your information?
The personal information we collect is kept in a secure environment. The people who work for us are required to respect the confidentiality of your information. To ensure the security of your personal information, we use the following measures:
- Authorized access management
- Computer backup
We are committed to maintaining a high level of confidentiality by integrating the latest technological innovations to ensure the confidentiality of your information. However, since no mechanism offers maximum security, there is always an element of risk when using the Internet to transmit personal information.
Storage and destruction
During the course of our business, we keep many documents containing personal information. These documents are kept for a period of 6 years, in accordance with Canadian law, before being destroyed. These confidential documents are securely destroyed using permanent destruction methods.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at http://www.pvtron.com/terms.pdf.
Handling of complaints
PV-Tron ensures that individuals can file a complaint regarding non-compliance with the policy with the person responsible for personal information or with the "Commission d'accès à l'information". We will analyze your complaint within 72 hours and get back to you with an action plan.
André Ouellet, Vice-President Finance
8810 boul. Langelier
St. Leonard, Quebec
Canada H1P 3H2
Last revision October 16, 2023